- Instructor R. Joy Brunson-Nsubuga
- 150-Minute Prerecorded Training
- 2.5 credit hours (NBCC ACEP No. 7282)
- Price: $53 dollars
- Custom Certificate for Continuing Education Credits (CEUs)
- Contact Instructor at Relatively Speaking
Despite current conversations, the United States is in the fourth wave of the opioid epidemic with each wave increasing in devastation. This webinar will review the opioid epidemic starting in the 1800s to the present as well as the impact on the citizens of the United States. Research and data will be presented on the evidenced-based practices and approaches while discussing areas of continued concerns around stigma, diversity, and equity in the field.
- To review the history of the opioid epidemic and its impact on the United States
- To understand harm reduction approaches as well as other evidence-based practices and methods.
- To review the need to address stigma and culturally appropriate treatment considerations in the substance use profession.