- Instructor R. Joy Brunson-Nsubuga
- 180-Minute Prerecorded Training
- 3 credit hours (NBCC ACEP No. 7282, 23-348-S (SS))
- Price: $63 dollars
- Custom Certificate for Continuing Education Credits (CEUs)
- Contact Instructor at Relatively Speaking
The substance use field continues to grow and change and the professionals working with this population must change with it. This webinar is focused on the basics of the substance use assessment process and diagnosis. The 12 core functions will be reviewed as well as treatment expectations for this population. This webinar will also discuss the stigma and continued need for culturally appropriate care.
- To review and understand the assessment process including diagnosing of substance use disorders
- To review the 12 Core Functions that are essential for substance use treatment.
- To understand harm reduction approaches as well as other evidence-based practices.
- To review the need to address stigma and culturally appropriate treatment considerations in the substance use profession.